Sametime policies

Thankfully I knew that I was going to come across one of these problems. When upgrading the policies need to also be upgraded and the wiki describes the process well. Prior to starting the upgrade I tested the approach of editing the LDAP document in the SSC but got the following error

??? nl.ErrorResourceMessages|CWWIM5044E The ******* repository cannot be deleted because it has at least one base entry that is referenced by a realm. [en] ???

To enable SSO to work across Portal, Connections, Domino and Sametime I had to configure a realm which was in line with the other environments as well as make some modifications to my wimconfig.xml. The error above is telling me that it doesn’t like the fact that the realm is different to defaultWIMFileBasedRealm, (more information about how to do this can be found in this Technote).

This had me concerned that this could jeopardize the upgrade so I read around and found the following IBM documents which are worth bearing in mind, LO70452 and LO56702. The former suggested that I change the realm back to defaultWIMFileBasedRealm as it breaks the LDAP guided activity which is what I need to step through. By changing the realm name I saw synchronisation errors with the nodes but that was quickly rectified after the policies were upgraded and the realm reverted to what it was. I ensured that I shut down all the nodes and their node agents and ensured synchronisation was working.

The other problem I came across was just after the clustered Meeting servers were upgraded to 8.5.2 is detailed in After upgrading to 8.5.2, users are no longer able to enter Sametime Meeting Rooms. The instruction in the Technote suggest that you run some DB2 commands to purge the contents of the POLICY.TEMPLATE and POLICY.ASSIGNMENT tables in STSC database. That is all good and well but you will lose ALL your policies so be very careful about doing that.

You can of course take a back up of the database as well as manually making a not of all your policies and their settings.
Below are a couple of commands that may make it easier for you.

db2 “select count(*) as rows from POLICY.ASSIGNMENT” and db2 “select count(*) as rows from POLICY.TEMPLATE”
The above will allow you to check that the number of rows and when run afterwards it checks that it has worked.

This allows you to dump the data out to a text file. This doesn’t give you the configuration of the policy just those who are assigned to them
db2 “select * from POLICY.TEMPLATE” > /tmp/policy.template.original.txt
db2 “select * from POLICY.ASSIGNMENT” > /tmp/policy.assignment.original.txt

This is the command to purge the contents
db2 “delete from POLICY.TEMPLATE”
db2 “delete from POLICY.ASSIGNMENT”

It worked for me BUT I had to recreate the policies.

Advertisements