A customer notified me of a problem a user faced when trying to share a folder to a community. Quickly we found the problem was with the community and not the folder as the folder could be shared with other communities and various folders could not be shared with this specific community. This was a community that was created in Connections 3.0.1.
The user saw different errors in the web browser compared with the Windows connector.
I found a forum entry but it did not provide any resolution or technical details. I did some looking into SNCOMM and FILES and could not see anything obviously wrong so I raised a PMR.
IBM quickly came back and asked me to run FilesDataIntegrityService.syncAllCommunityShares(). This is a command that should be run after upgrade/migration to Connections 4.0 so with some dubiousness I ran the command. In my wsadmin window I observed a number of lines of output but two for the particular community.
[08/07/13 15:08:18:462 IST] 000028fd SyncCommunity I EJPVJ9418I: The community 8ac6c344-43d8-4321-a292-2b952c55bd9d has been synchronized and now has visibility PRIVATE and name Parent Community.
[08/07/13 15:08:20:541 IST] 000028fd SyncCommunity I EJPVJ9418I: The community feba9b69-6b05-45db-adb9-ea1c6d26073f has been synchronized and now has visibility PRIVATE and name sub-community.
I’m not sure what these lines mean (awaiting an answer from IBM) but it worked and the user can now share his folder with the community.