Sametime meetings not working in STProxy web client

I found that for a customer the meetings icons in the STProxy web client wasn’t bringing up the user’s meeting rooms. After a bit of debugging server trace showed that an LtpaToken was being generated but the browser wasn’t getting an LtpaToken returned to it. It drove me made because the STProxy doesn’t need to have SSO enabled for it to work like the Meeting server does, regardless of that, SSO worked in all directions between the Community server and the Meeting server and the STProxy is in the same cell as the Meeting server so SSO should work!

I raised a PMR and IBM asked me to add the following to the stproxyconfig.xml. After a sync and a restart of STProxy all is well.

<tokenDomain>DOMAIN.CO.UK</tokenDomain>

(replace with your domain)

I’m not sure whether this is missing from the patch they are running which is CKEY-9L9JM5 which is not the latest patch released a couple of weeks ago BPAS-9QSNS7.

The comment from IBM is “for long term the code should be fixed, dev created rtc ticket for it as well as APAR created: LO83144”

stproxy

 

Sametime 9 policies not working due to slashes in the policy name in SSC

I had come back on site to a customer to deploy some other Sametime 9 services and found that the managed-settings.xml wasn’t being applied to the clients.

I remembered reading Gabriella Davis’ blog http://turtleblog.info/2014/04/02/problems-deploying-sametime-policies-the-missing-link so I found it and at first I enabled POLICY_DEBUG_LEVEL=5 and then updated console.properties adding  SSCUserName, SSCPassword and removing SSCEncodedAuthorization.

I added the following trace to STConsoleServer, *=info:com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.plugins.policy.*=all which allowed me to see the policies read from the STSC.POLICY.TEMPLATE table to make sure they were populated.

The Community server was restarted that evening but still policies were not being applied to the clients. Thanks to the debug I then had some useful output in the Trace directory to look through and found this:

[ 07:58:57.560 | 04.12.2014 | FINEST | 1 ] : DbXmlBlackBox : readSortedData : Policy DTO=> Policy ID: Managed.settings.28/10/14;Policy Weight: 3;Policy Label: null;Policy Type: USER
[ 07:58:57.576 | 04.12.2014 | SEVERE | 1 ] : DbXmlBlackBox : readSortedDataForProducts : PolicyException:
com.ibm.sametime.policy.types.PolicyException: com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.services.exception.ServiceException: com.ibm.sametime.console.common.http.api.exception.HttpBadRequestException: Not Found
Caused by: com.ibm.sametime.console.admin.services.exception.ServiceException: com.ibm.sametime.console.common.http.api.exception.HttpBadRequestException: Not Found

I previously created an IM policy called “Managed settings 28/10/14” which wasn’t liked. As there is xml involved I removed the slashes to leave “Managed settings 281014.”

I restarted STConsoleServer and then restarted the STPolicy Windows service on the Community server and this triggers activity on the STConsoleServer. Now that the slashes were removed the files policies.server.xml was updated adding the managed settings policy to policies.user.xml which is in the program directory of the Community server. Subsequently, the policy was then applied to the clients.

http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/all

This provide high level information on all policies, IM, audio/video etc.

http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/av.anonymous.policy & http://ssc:9080/stpolicy/policy/av.default.policy

These URLs provide details of the default audio/video policies.