IBM Sametime Community server does not upgrade due to SSCEncodedAuthorization

I had a wobble when applying the latest POODLE/SSLV3 (AAZI-9RGLXV) patch to my CentOS 6.5 server. It kept failing and the following exceptions were seen in /opt/ibm/dominodata/SametimeInstall.log

(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:30 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.product.SSCReg, err, com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.exception.SCClientException: AIDSC0884E: Failed to do IO operation with file.Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://ssc.collaborationben.com:9080/console/deployment/getDepIdByDepName
STACK_TRACE: 18
com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.exception.SCClientException: AIDSC0884E: Failed to do IO operation with file.Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://ssc.collaborationben.com:9080/console/deployment/getDepIdByDepName
    at com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL.sendData(RestURL.java:358)
    at com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.ClientUtility.getDepIdByDepName(ClientUtility.java:1380)
    at com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.api.Deployment.getDepIdByDepName(Deployment.java:1674)

(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:30 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.product.SSCReg, err, An error occurred and product update failed.  Look at the log file /opt/ibm/dominodata/SametimeInstall.log for details.
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:30 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.product.SSCReg, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message=”err”; additional data = [com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.exception.SCClientException: AIDSC0884E: Failed to do IO operation with file.Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://ssc.collaborationben.com:9080/console/deployment/getDepIdByDepName%5D)
STACK_TRACE: 14
ProductException: (error code = 601; message=”err”; additional data = [com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.exception.SCClientException: AIDSC0884E: Failed to do IO operation with file.Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://ssc.collaborationben.com:9080/console/deployment/getDepIdByDepName%5D)
    at com.lotus.sametime.install.product.SSCReg.setSSCStatus(SSCReg.java:328)

I also saw the following in the same file.

(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.wizard.GetSSCEncodedPassword, msg1, loading /opt/ibm/dominodata/console/console.properties
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.wizard.GetSSCEncodedPassword, msg1, Encoded password found. Decoding…
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.lotus.sametime.install.wizard.GetSSCEncodedPassword, msg1, username = wasadmin
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.installshield.full.event.dialog.console.PanelSSCUpgradeLoginConsoleImpl, msg1, SC installation detected
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.installshield.full.event.dialog.console.PanelSSCUpgradeLoginConsoleImpl, msg1, loading /opt/ibm/dominodata/console/console.properties
(Feb 19, 2015 10:50:03 PM), Install, com.installshield.full.event.dialog.console.PanelSSCUpgradeLoginConsoleImpl, msg1, Encoded password found. Getting previously decoded name and password

I changed the WAS administrator user to use an LDAP based account so I was wondering why wasadmin was still appearing even though /opt/ibm/dominodata/console/console.properties had the new user name and password.

In console.properties I saw that “SSCEncodedAuthorization” was listed. This is the encoded password for the admin account. I removed this from console.properties and ran setuplinux.bin -console again and it upgraded fine.

Advertisements