Error accessing Sametime SIP Proxy Registrar in SSC

During a build in a development environment on RHEL 6.7 for a customer I came across “unable to read data from SIP Proxy, check error logs for more detail.” This was after installing the combined PR & CF and attempting to update the domain name.

2

I found a Technote, Audio and Video is not available in Sametime – Error: “Unable to read data from SIP registrar, check error logs for more details” which was of no use to me.

In the deployment manager  SystemOut.log I saw the following:

[10/29/15 10:07:15:105 GMT] 000001cc config        W ConfigurationHelper validateConfig AVKPR1008E: Exception
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘locationServiceType’. One of ‘{domains}’ is expected.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)

**************

[10/29/15 10:08:41:475 GMT] 00000170 proxy         E ProxyConfigWriter writeConfigFile AVKPR1008E: Exception
com.ibm.sip.config.ConfigurationMBeanException: cells/devsama001SSCCell/nodes/devsama00STMSNode2/servers/STMediaServer/proxy.xml

*************

[10/29/15 10:08:44:321 GMT] 00000170 registrar     E RegistrarConfigWriter writeConfigFile AVKPR1008E: Exception
com.ibm.sip.config.ConfigurationMBeanException: cells/devsama001SSCCell/nodes/devsama00STMSNode2/servers/STMediaServer/registrar.xml

# vi ./opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/STSCDMgrProfile/config/cells/CELL/nodes/NODE/servers/STMediaServer/proxy.xml

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<!– Copyright IBM Corp. 2008, 2014  All Rights Reserved.              –>

<!–
SIP Proxy server configuration file.
–>
<config>

<!–
Proxy settings:
isRecordRoute – true/false
Indicates whether the SIP Proxy remains on the SIP signaling path (works in a record-route mode)

isParallel – true/false
Indicates whether the SIP Proxy uses parallel or sequential search.

appSessionExpiration
Specifies application session expiration value in minutes

timerC
timer C value in minutes. This value must be greater than or equal to 3, recommended value is
3-5 minutes. This timer is set for each client transaction when an INVITE request is proxied.

routeRules –
Specifies a set of route rules that contains route conditions and destination address.
The routing rules are used to to determine the destination of the request.

–>

<proxy isRecordRoute=”true” isParallel=”false” appSessionExpiration=”10″
timerC=”4″ addDestinationPublicIP=”false”
locationServiceType=”dynamicCache”/>
<!–
<routeRules>
<rule priority=”” name=”” description=””>
<condition type=”method”></condition>
<condition type=”sourceAddress”></condition>
<condition type=”requestURI”></condition>
<condition type=”header” headerName=””></condition>
<destination>
<output>
<inputPattern type=”requestURI” value=””/>
<outputPattern type=”header” headerName=”Route” value=””/>
</output>
</destination>
</rule>
</routeRules>
–>
<domains>       <domain name=”devsama004.brockcloud.uk”/>       </domains> </config>

I compared this with another deployment which runs a slightly older version of 9 and it doesn’t have the text in bold above and looks like the following.

    <proxy isRecordRoute=”true” isParallel=”false” appSessionExpiration=”10″
timerC=”4″ addDestinationPublicIP=”false”/>

# cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/STSCDMgrProfile/config/cells/devsama001SSCCell/nodes/devsama00STMSNode2/servers/STMediaServer/

# cp ./proxy.xml ./proxy.xml.orig

# vi ./proxy.xml

I removed the offending line and then sync’d the nodes, logged out of the SSC and now I can update the Handled Domains sections without an error.

Once I build in production I will see whether the same problem is observed. If so, I will raise a PMR to check whether my workaround is valid. BTW – I was using the latest version of the SSC and Media Manager available from Fix Central.

Advertisements