Sametime 9.0.1 Meeting server update fails due to DEPSTATUS of partial

I updated the SSC, Community server and Sametime Proxy fine but the Meeting server (on Windows) was failing.

ibmim

In the SSCLogs directory I got the following:

2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.SCLogger init ******************************************************
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.api.Deployment setURLTimeout Cannot run program “env”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getBaseURL 172.xx.xx.xxx
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getOutput Is SSLEnabled = true
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL registerMyTrustManager Entered registerMyTrustManager()
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL registerMyTrustManager Exit registerMyTrustManager()
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getOutput AIDSC0877I: The complete URL is :https://ssc..acme.com:9443/console/deployment/login
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getOutput Timeout Set is :60000
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL registerMyTrustManager   Server Certificate for: CN=ssc.acme.com, OU=STAppCell, OU=sscSSCNode, O=IBM, C=US
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.ConnectionThread run AIDSC1482I: Timer is cancelled since URL hit received response.
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL constructData AIDSC0903I: The data passed to server is :ProductType=com.ibm.lotus.sametime.meetingserver&Hostname=meetings.acme.com&InstallType=PN&ComponentName=
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getBaseURL 172.xx.xx.xxx
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL getBaseURL 172.xx.xx.xxx
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.RestURL sendData AIDSC0877I: The complete URL is :https://ssc.acme.com:9443/console/deployment/getInstallDepId
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.util.ClientUtility getDepId AIDSC0910I: Response from server :<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?><GetDepID><Id></Id></GetDepID>
2016:5:17 22:14:29 com.ibm.sametime.console.deployment.client.api.Deployment getDepId AIDSC0870I: The Deployment ID is :null

I started looking in to “Cannot run program “env”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified” and “AIDSC0870I: The Deployment ID is :null” and formulated all kinds of theories such as a bug that was trying to run the “env” command which is a Linux command which has a Windows counterpart of “set.” I exhausted my investigation and enabled trace on STConsoleServer (*=info: com.ibm.sametime.*=all) as well as adding log.properties to the logs directory of IBM Installation Manager

I raised a PMR which was quickly turned around.

In the STConsoleServer trace.log the following was found.

[5/19/16 13:21:29:190 BST] 0000033d DeploymentImp > DeploymentImpl getStatus ENTRY
[5/19/16 13:21:29:193 BST] 0000033d DeploymentImp I DeploymentImpl getStatus AIDSC1486I: Size of object 1
[5/19/16 13:21:29:193 BST] 0000033d DeploymentImp I DeploymentImpl getStatus AIDSC1488I: Query Result  = 8
[5/19/16 13:21:29:193 BST] 0000033d DeploymentImp < DeploymentImpl getStatus RETURN

In the SSC I saw that the deployment plan had a status of “partial.” I haven’t a clue when this changed.

mtg

$ db2 connect to STSC

$ db2 “select * from SSC.DEPLOYMENT where PRODUCTTYPE = ‘com.ibm.lotus.sametime.meetingserver'”

$ db2 “select DEPSTATUS from SSC.DEPLOYMENT where PRODUCTTYPE = ‘com.ibm.lotus.sametime.meetingserver'”

DEPSTATUS
—————————————————————————————————-
8

$ db2 “select DepID from ssc.deployment where DEPSTATUS = ‘8’”

DEPID
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
14f4cd91acd-00000000000a-MTGSDep

The fix was to change the DEPSTATUS to 1542. This is done by backing up the database first of all and then using the earlier commands to obtain the DepID change the DEPSTATUS

$ db2 “UPDATE ssc.deployment SET DEPSTATUS = ‘1542’ WHERE DepID = ’14f4cd91acd-00000000000a-MTGSDep'”

In the SSC the deployment status is correct.

mtg2

Now IBM IM passes the validation stage and I can update the Meeting server.