A new Connections customer got in touch with a raft of problems after an upgrade to Connections 6. One of them was a problem with Touchpoint which stopped them from completing the on boarding process which caused them to repeatedly be directed to Touchpoint. What was happening was that they were able to get two or three screens in to “Add your interests” and then they couldn’t go further and had to use “finish later” or they were faced with “Error during prefetching for step profileTags.”
A quick Google of “profileTags” turned up references to search within Connections. I checked the index (which I hadn’t got around to doing just yet) and I didn’t find INDEX.READY. The search index had not been created due to LTPAToken exceptions which needed the scheduled tasks to be cleared and all clearScheduler.sql scripts run. Once the search index was created Touchpoint worked.